Thursday, April 18, 2013

Art Explosion

Well..I proved myself right today.

Art is messy.

I had 3 different projects going on at once. 2 involving paint, one involving a LOT of glue and cutting.

Ohhhhh paper scraps. Everywhere...just everywhere.

and the paint? Soooo much paint.

It was a pretty relaxed day in Ms Pam's Art Room. The projects we did work on weren't too stressful for the teachers. When my classes are taking place, every adult in the room is actively engaged. I need as many hands as possible...I am not an octopus.

 It was nice to see the kiddos able to do so much of it on their own. I love it when I can tell them the project for the day and set them lose!

Here is what my room looked like after today:

This wasn't even the messiest paint project. You should have seen the Pattern project. Oiy.
 
Do you like my table covers? The one shown here is actually a painters tarp. They got it for me after the last time I spilled liquid water color all over the carpet. (Ya...that doesn't come out.) So it should really be on the floor, but there wasn't much threat to the floor today.)
 
I loooove them for so many reasons.
 
Reason 1...The most obvious is it makes clean up a whole lot easier.
 
Reason 2....its fun to see how messy the kids can get it. ;) (and when I say "fun"...I mean grab a paper towel quick and clean up gobs of paint so it doesn't ruin the next child's art work...)
 

Art Journal Station I plan to blog about today's art journals as well. I hope it turns out like I have pictured it...get those dimes ready. ;)
 
 
My "desk" for the day. Apparently circle tables can't handle my 3 project art class days..
 
Art Journals drying. Today's journals included "dots" of glue. Have you seen some 4 year olds "dot" glue? There is a reason I have them open and drying...
 
Mr Andrew being super helpful.
 
My beautiful dry rack!!! The kids did such a great job today!
 
So...3 blogs on their way!
 
Stay tuned...but now I should probably finish cleaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment