Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Art Journals: Family Tree

Anyways. The art journal we are currently working on is a tree with hearts in the leaves and "Family" written on the opposite page. Here is my inspiration I found on Pinterest.


Here is my set-up for the journal area:

 
 
The journals have the child's picture on the cover. I wanted to make journal time an activity that teachers didn't need to help with, which includes finding their art journal. It works really well. Also, there is a cloths pin marking what page they should be creating on.


Step one: Draw a tree.

I showed the kiddos my tree. I didn't tell them that we were going to put hearts all over it. Mistake on my part....or was it?

I look ever during art and some of them are getting really elaborate on their trees. Some have flowers at the bottom, some have mangos, some are drawing birds.

They were being creative.

 
 


Step Two/Day Two: Cut hearts out of paint samples.

The actual art lesson while the tree journal was going on was about Tone. So I figured why not use paint samples in our books that show tone perfectly.

Lesson learned about drawing hearts: make them big enough so small hands can cut. When even my fine motor skills aren't refined enough to cut out the hearts...maaaaaybe I should make them bigger.



Step Three: If we do this...we will add the word Family to their book. I haven't decided yet.

Here is their work:

 
  1.  Mangos!
 
 
 
 
 
Maaaangos!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment